Rihanna -- Unapologetic, Nov. 19
- Rihanna's developed quite the constant CD release schedule, this being the fourth November in a row that she's released a new album. Last year's Talk That Talk spawned two top-five Billboard hits, and her first single off the new album, "Diamonds" has already made it to No. 4. The album title, Unapologetic, could refer to anything from the fact that Rihanna doesn't write any of her own songs to the fact that she's allowing Chris Brown to be on the album.
Ghostface Killah -- Twelve Reasons to Die, Nov. 20
- Rap release dates almost always get changed, and
Alicia Keys -- Girl On Fire, Nov. 26
- Alicia Keys hasn't done much high-profile work since 2009, when she released her last album and was featured on Jay-Z's Advertisement
Bruno Mars -- Unorthodox Jukebox, Dec. 10
- You know that song on the radio that sounds like The Police and that you want to hate because it's a shameless ripoff of The Police but that you just can't because it's so annoyingly catchy like a Police song? That's probably "Locked Out Of Heaven," the lead single from Bruno Mars's sophomore effort Unorthodox Jukebox, which promises to be a mish-mash of rock, funk, neo-soul, reggae,
Big Boi -- Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors, Dec. 11
- While Andre 3000 seems content dropping a few unimpressive guest spots a year, the other member of OutKast is actually putting out good music of his own. Big Boi's last album Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty is one of the best hip-hop albums to come out in the last few years, so it's fair to expect a lot from his next album, Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors. This album will feature, among others, A$AP Rocky, UGK and Big K.R.I.T. -- who needs Andre with that kind of lineup?
Follow Pete McQuaid on Twitter @sweetestpete and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sweetestpete.