1. Zorba Music Hall, 437 Market St., Lowell, hosts a Tropical Getaway Concert & Auction on Friday, Feb. 8, from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m., to benefit Lowell Transitional Living Center. Performers include reggae bands Freevolt and Dis N' Dat. Tickets run $20-$35; www.eventbrite.com/e/tropical-getaway-concert-to-end-homelessless-tickets-54095679634.
2. Worcester's Hanover Theatre has a rock 'n' roll weekend lined up. On Friday, Feb. 8, at 8 p.m., classic-rock act Three Dog Night perform their Top 40 hits, including "Joy to the World," "Black and White," "One," "Mama Told Me (Not to Come)," "Celebrate," "Piece of April," "Shambala" and "The Show Must Go On.www.thehanovertheatre.org.
3. Lowell Memorial Auditorium, 50 East Merrimack St., brings pro wrestling to town Friday. Feb. 9, with WWE NXT, starting at 7:30 p.m. Tickets run $22-$77; www.lowellauditorium.com.
4. Take your pick at Tupelo Music Hall, 10 A St., Derry, N.H. There's comedy Friday, Feb. 8, starting at 8 p.m., with Joe Yannetty, Rafi Gonzalez and Joni Grassey.
5. Calling all skiers and snowboarders! Grab your boots and goggles, step into your skis or snowboard, and hit the slopes at Nashoba Valley Ski Area, Westford, for the 23rd annual Jimmy Fund Snow Challenge on Saturday, Feb. 9, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Entry fee is $240 for a four-person race team, $70 for individual racers. All racers receive a lift ticket for the day and a barbecue lunch, as well as an after-party with awards and live auction. Proceeds benefit Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; visit www.skinashoba.com.
6. Get the perfect fit for that special someone at the third annual Sweet as Candy Craft/Vendor Fair on Saturday, Feb. 9, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Lowell Elks Club, 40 Old Ferry Road. There will be 60 plus vendors, free admission, raffle tables and a cash bar.
7. If Mother Nature cooperates, Townsend VFW Post No. 6538 and its Auxiliary will host its annual Ice Skating Party on Saturday, Feb. 9, at the VFW Pond in West Townsend. Folks of all ages are invited for an afternoon of outdoor fun. Skating begins at 3 p.m. A fire will be lit at dusk and, once it has cooled down, toastable refreshments will be brought out for skaters and others to roast over the embers.
8. Fitchburg Art Museum hosts an opening reception of the spring exhibition "Fire and Light: Otto Piene in Groton, 1983-2014," on Saturday, Feb. 9, from 3 to 5 p.m. Enjoy refreshments and a cash bar. Free for members or with museum admission. "Fire and Light" offers a rare opportunity for visitors to experience Piene's immersive artworks and contemplate his vision and practice. The exhibition will be open through Sunday, June 2, at 185 Elm St.
9. Valentine's Day is on a Thursday this year, so why not celebrate on a weekend night? Chelmsford Center for the Arts is hosting its Valentine's Concert featuring the Chelmsford Jazz Ensemble playing tunes for sweethearts and anyone who loves the great American songbook, Saturday, Feb. 9, starting at 7 p.m. Seating is first-come, first-served; tickets are $15 general, $10 for members, seniors, students. Visit www.chelmsfordarts.org.
10. The Beatles tribute band Studio Two play the Acton Rec Center, 50 Audubon Drive, on Saturday, Feb. 9, starting at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $35; www.eventbrite.com/e/studio-two-experience-the-beatles-before-america-tickets-53755917396.