See a Seinfeld star
1. Actor John O'Hurley, best known as J. Peterman on "Seinfeld", will be making an appearance at the Collectibles Extravaganza this Saturday, July 6 at 10 am at the Boxborough Regency Hotel & Conference Center, 242 Adams Place, Boxboro. O'Hurley will meet fans, sign autographs, and provide photo ops for all attending. Admission is $6 daily or $10 on weekend with advance purchase, $10 daily or $15 weekend at door. Kids 10 and under are free with adult supervision. Free parking available. The Regency is right off Interstate 495 at Route 111. Additional information can be found online at:http://www.collectiblesextravaganza.com/
Rock on to celebrate Fitchburg anniversary
2. Billy Wylder is performing at the Averill House Vineyard this Saturday, July 6 at 6 p.m., 21 Averill Road in Brookline, New Hampshire. Wylder is the featured guest of the Freedom, Music, and Wine concert celebrating Fitchburg's 250th anniversary. Tickets are limited and will sell quickly; Tickets purchased on the day of the event will pay an additional $5 fee to the listed price. For more information, please call 603-371-2296.
Harmonize for free
3. The Lowell Philharmonic Orchestra is giving a free concert on Sunday, July 7 at 2 p.m. in Shedd Park, 453 Rogers St. in Lowell. The Summer Pops Concert will be held rain or shine, featuring a medley classical music, pop hits, and some patriotic tunes! Seating is outdoors under the park's pavillion, so please bring a lawn chair/picnic blanket. Admission is free, suggested donation is $10 for adults and $5 for children and students. Additional information is available at www.lowellphilharmonic.org
Meet a Bark Ranger
4. At Lowell National Historical Park and other select National Park Service sites, Bark Rangers serve as canine ambassadors for the park. Together with their human caretakers, Bark Rangers go on scheduled walks and model good stewardship. On Saturday, July 6, Bark Rangers will take part in the successful Wellness on the Walkways program, which starts at 9:30 a.m. at the park, 246 Market St., Lowell. Free parking is available at 304 Dutton St.
The Fourth, Pepperell style
5. Pepperell celebrates the Fourth of July with Small Town, Big Bang, a parade on Saturday, July 6 at 10 a.m. at Marchers include the Blues Brothers, Ghostbusters, the Wizard of Oz, and even Wally the Red Sox mascot. Fireworks will be hosted on the back field behind Varnum Brook Elementary School at dusk.
Big Bang, Groton style
6. Miss out on the fireworks this year? Groton holds its annual Fireworks Festival at Town Field behind the Groton Public Library on July 8 at 6 p.m. Food, fun, music and other bits of family entertainment will be available as well.
Race for the top at Longsjo Classic
7. The 58th Annual Longsjo Classic takes over downtown Fitchburg on Sunday, July 9. Races start at 8:30 a.m. (amateurs), with a women's pro race at 11:45 a.m., kids' race at 1:15 p.m., and a men's pro race at 2 p.m. More info: longsjo.com.
Eat a (musical) Peach on the common
8. The Peacheaters, "An Allman Brothers Experience" play the Fitchburg Concerts on the Common Series, Wednesday, July 10 at 6:30 p.m. on the Upper Common. Hot dogs, popcorn and snacks, plus food trucks.
Watch it grow
9. Littleton Community Farm has established a new children's raised-bed gardening area. Ronit BenShir, the farm's education director, will lead the first of three kids' workshops on Wednesday, July 10 at 5 p.m. at the farm, on Wildnerness Road. in LittletonPlus, an introduction to all things creepy and crawly.
All things Jeep in Littleton
10. Wicked Jeeps of New England holds a Central Mass. Meet and Greet on Friday, July 5, at Kimball's Ice Cream, 1543 Lunenburg Road, Lancaster ... If it says Jeep, bring it!
Compiled by Jacquelyn Jarnagin and staff.